The Youth Mentoring is a tool we use to engage with young people in the communities. The youth mentor program has these core elements:
- Informal educational support outside of the school system (home-work club/study groups)
- The support of volunteers who are trained Youth Mentors
- An indirect focus on self-development of the youth members through talks, discussions and activities
- Opportunities to learn creative arts and use creative expression in various forms
- Community outreach through volunteering with various organisations
- Social interaction opportunities with peers within group and outside of the group
Youth mentoring provides a structured and trusting relationship that brings young people together with caring individuals who offer guidance, support and encouragement. Youth mentoring programs can vary in their delivery but there are some common key elements that define youth mentoring; creating a positive, warm, informal relationship with a caring adult in a safe space, role-modelling, good training and preparation of mentors,
unconditional positive regard towards youth.
Communities: Santa Lucija, Marsa & surrounding communities.
- 27 Youth attending, age between 11-16
- 33 Kids attending, age between 8-11
- 35 people volunteering with Youth.